Big City Narratives and Integration – In Word, Image and Film
Prof. Dr. Franziska Bollerey
- Emeritus Professor of History of Architecture and Urbanism at the Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft. She is director of the Institute of History of Art, Architecture and Urbanism – IHAAU.
- Her areas of expertise are utopian concepts, metropolises and the 1920s. She is on various boards has held visiting professorships at various universities worldwide and has published numerous books and articles.
- Until the end of 2013, she was head of the academic advisory board of the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation.
- Cornelis Van Eesteren. Urbanismus Zwischen “De Stijl” Und C.I.A.M., Bauwelt Fundamente, 2000
- BauKultur in den Niederlanden, 2007
Architectural Concepts of the Utopian Socialists : Alternative Planning and Architecture
- for the Social Process, 1977, 1991
- Filmmaker, photographer and media artist, lives in Zurich.
- He has a degree in Urban Studies and Photography from the University of Pennsylvania and subsequently studied at the University of Botswana and the Zurich University of the Arts.
- He worked as a freelance journalist in the US and from 2010 to 2016 he was a member of the interdisciplinary design collective Urban-Think Tank, where he served as director of film, photography and exhibitions
- He currently runs a production company Gran Horizonte Media and works on independent projects.
- His work focuses primarily on urban transformation from a social, spatial and political perspective.
Dr. Birgit Szepanski
- lives and works as an artist and author in Berlin
- Studied Fine Arts, Academy of Fine Arts Münster with Prof. Dr. Hanne Loreck and Prof. Robert Bramkamp
- Master of Arts in Context, Berlin University of the Arts, specialising in art education and exhibition conception
- Doctoral studies at the University of Fine Arts Hamburg
- Guest researcher at the University of the Arts Bremen
- Scientific lectures: University of Heidelberg, Weißensee School of Art, Berlin
- Author of the book Erzählte Stadt – Der urbane Raum bei Janet Cardiff und Jeff Wall, transcript Verlag 2017