Gesellschaft / Societies – Differentiation and inclusion, an integrative process?
Prof. Dr. Annette Spellerberg
Studies of Sociology, Politics, Psychology and Education, Free University of Berlin
- 1995 PhD, FU Berlin
- since 2008 Professor for Urban Sociology at the Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- Dean of the Department of Spatial and Environmental Planning at the TU Kaiserslautern
- 2002-2008 Assistant Professor for Urban Sociology at the TU Kaiserslautern
- 2000-2002 Research Assistant at the University of Bamberg, Chair of General Sociology
- 1998 -1999 Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences Stanford, CA, USA
- 1996-1998 Head of the project “Lifestyles, Housing Needs and Willingness to Move”, FU Berlin and Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
- 1991-1995 Researcher at the Social Science Center Berlin, Department of Social Structure and Social Reporting
Work and research interests
- Urban and regional sociology, social structure analysis, lifestyle research
- Social science methods
- Housing and neighborhood
Memberships among others:
- Member of the Advisory Board for Spatial Development of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) Head of the working group “Demographic Change: Migration, Internationality and Integration (2012/13).
- Appointed to the Scientific Advisory Council on Demography set up by the state government of RLP (2014).
- Member of the German Academy for Urban and Regional Planning.
- Spellerberg, Annette (1996): Soziale Differenzierung durch Lebensstile. An empirical study on quality of life in West and East Germany.
- Spellerberg, Annette; Kühne, Olaf (2010): Heimat und Heimatbewusstsein in Zeiten erhöhter Flexibilitätsanforderungen. Empirical studies in the Saarland.
- Spellerberg, Annette (2011): Culture in the city – car care in the countryside? An analysis of socio-spatial differentiations of leisure behavior based on the SOEP 1998-2008.
- Spellerberg, Annette, Gerhards Pia (2014): Cooperatives and co-housing of older people. German case studies in Rhine-Land-Palatine.
- Spellerberg, Annette, Tobias Woll (2014): Dwellings and generational change in owner communities.
Christine Edmaier (President of the Berlin Chamber of Architects)
- Studied architecture at the Hochschule der Künste Berlin and at the Arch-Uni of Venice.
- Since 1992 own office for architecture and urban planning in Berlin
- Various teaching positions at the TU Berlin, including
- Visiting professor at the Berlin-Weissensee School of Art for Urban Design
- 2009-13 Vice President of the AK Berlin
- since 2013 President of the AK Berlin
Martina Löw (TU Berlin, Sociology of Space and Architecture)
Prof. Dr. Martina Löw, Chair of Sociology of Architecture and Planning
- Studies of Educational Science at the Philipps-University Marburg and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
- 1993 Doctorate in Sociology, Department of Social Sciences: “Seizing Space. Women living alone between work, social relations and the culture of the self.”
- 2000 Habilitation at Martin Luther University Halle/Saale: “Raum. A redefinition of the basic sociological concept with special consideration of aspects of urban sociology, education and socialization theory.”
- 2002-2013 Professor of Sociology at the TU Darmstadt.
- 2002 Call to the professorship for “Sociology, Social Work and Education” at the University of Duisburg (rejected)
- 2008 Call to the professorship for “Sociology and Social Policy with a focus on urban, regional and local policy research” at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main (rejected)
- 2011 Call to the professorship for “General Sociology with a focus on cultural sociology” at the University of Konstanz (rejected)
- Since 2013 professor for sociology of planning and architecture at the TU Berlin
- 2001 Publication “Sociology of Space
- 2008 Publication “Sociology of Cities”
- 2006 Consultant urban development planning Frankfurt am Main/Zeil: Frankfurt Hoch Vier/MyZeil
- 2007-2012 Board of Trustees “National Urban Development Policy” of the BMVBS
- Since 2009 Board of Trustees of the IBA Basel 2020
- Since 2013 Member of the Expert Council of the National Platform Future City
- Since 2013 Chair of the Advisory Board of the City of Mannheim (application as Capital of Culture)